January 5 to February 9 WRITING YOUR LIFE: Memoir For Everyone (now underway)
FREE Workshop: Saturday, Jan. 30, 10 am to 12 noon ET Premise, Plot, Poetry: Three Keys to the Novel, sponsored by Straw Dogs Writers Workshop, on Zoom click here for more info and to register
Winter/Spring 2021 The Propulsive Plot: Strategies for the Novel with Iowa Writing Festival, begins March 16. Details coming soon!
Winter/Spring 2021 Translating Memory Into Fiction with Center for Fiction, begins early May…details coming soon!
or email for more info: dimmergut at gmail.com
I’ve taught novice writers and accomplished ones, on college campuses and in prison classrooms. Along the way, I’ve discovered techniques that allow the best work to flow onto the page, with maximum meaning and minimum angst. My private online courses are designed to be enjoyable, supportive, and deeply inspiring for people working at any level. They offer the following:
- weekly sessions combining craft talks, prompts, writing time, and group discussion
- a warm, welcoming community
- optional sharing and feedback from fellow workshoppers
- simple strategies for letting go of writing fears
- reading of masterful, mind-expanding published work
- personalized feedback/response from me
- pure, brain-illuminating fun (because really, why do it otherwise?)
Along with weekly live meetings (via a free online platform), the class will have its own virtual workshop space where we will gather to share work and feedback. We’ll create the essential, supportive community every one needs for their creative efforts.
Spots are limited, so please claim yours.
Starting 1.5.21 Writing Your Life: Memoir for Everyone
Create an autobiographical record for yourself, for loved ones, or for publication. This class has been offered at public libraries, in prisons, and at universities, and has helped writers of all levels turn memories into memoir.
We will discuss:
● How to turn family history into compelling stories
● Prompts and exercises for excavating your most resonant stories
● Readings of inspiring autobiographical writing
Note: This is an encouraging, non-judgmental group where we respect each other’s privacy and personal boundaries.
Tuesdays 4 to 6 pm, 6-week session
NEXT SESSION BEGINS JAN 5, 2021
Reserve your spot below. Fully refundable until 1 week before start date.
Reserve your spot for Writing Your Life now. Cancel anytime up to one week before first class. Payment details will come to you via email.