FREE FOR 2023!
Hoping to write a bit more? Want to restart, or just get started?
join me for a free writing booster
sunday, february 12, 10 to 2:30 ET, online
A free 90-minute class plus focused writing time and a community salon
- Refresh your writing practice with new techniques for more power and ease
- Learn from inspiring short readings with line-level analysis
- Generate new ideas and story starts
- Get deep-focus time to work on new and ongoing projects
- Give and receive feedback in a warm, welcoming virtual salon
- Treat yourself to some pure, brain-illuminating fun
Sunday, February 12, 10 am to 2:30 pm ET, online
WHAT WILL WE DO?
10 am ET: Tune-up workshop. I’ll offer a 90-minute illustrated craft talk/discussion on writing with more flow and more power, close readings of published work, and idea-generating exercises. I may send a few short reading selections beforehand.
11:30 am ET: Deep-focus writing session. We’ll settle in for 90 minutes of timed writing blocks with optional prompts/portals provided. We will use the Pomodoro technique. Option for a short one-on-one meeting with me.
1:30 ET. Virtual salon and further discussion. Read aloud, listen, both! Readings will be brief, responses will spontaneous and supportive. Use this as a time to connect with like-minded souls.
There will be a lunch break from 1 to 1:30 pm ET. The salon will end by 2:30 ET.
It’s been a lot, these last few years. Let’s create with curiosity, find meaning and beauty on the page, and reconnect.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW
Space is limited for this free event. So please be kind and cancel your reservation before Feb. 6 if your plans change.
I will email you to confirm your spot and give a few more details.